Essential Oils for Travel, Trips & Weekends Away
Planning a weekend away and want to know which essential oils to bring with you? We put together a short list of our favorite essential oils to bring with us traveling: stuffy plane rides, long road trips, hotel stays and quick weekends away, below is our go-to guide...
1. PEPPERMINT - this essential oil comes directly from the leaves of the peppermint plant and there are dozens of amazing uses for it when traveling, the first being that it is great to help with nausea. When ever I am feeling a little car sick (or air sick from the turbulence) I will rub a few drops of peppermint directly on to my stomach area for quick relief, I will also open the bottle and inhale the aroma with a couple of deep breaths. Add a couple of drops to your hotel soap, shampoo or conditioner to help wake you up in the morning. The oil is cooling, soothing and invigorating, you will notice the tingling effect right away.
• Try our Breathe Deeply Mini Spritz •
2. EUCALYPTUS - One easy way to get a spa experience right inside your hotel room is to add a couple of drops of eucalyptus essential oil to a wash cloth and bring it in the shower for an instant reset. Wet the cloth and place it in your hands to cup over your nose and inhale. You can also add a few drops of eucalyptus + lavender to a warm bath to help you relax after a long day.
3. LAVENDER - There is nothing that helps me relax faster than lavender essential oil with its calming and soothing properties. When I am staying at a hotel my sleep patterns are out of whack and I am usually jet lagged because of being in a different time zone. Place a couple of drops into your palms and then rub on your pillows before you go to sleep, also rub on your wrists, collarbone and on the tip of your nose. You will be chasing zzz's in no time.
• Try our Sweet Dreams Darling Mini •
4. TEA TREE - I honestly don't go anywhere without tea tree (melaleuca) essential oil. I love this oil when I am going on any kind of adventure trip... backpacking through Thailand, a surf trips to Costa Rica or a weekend away hiking in Whistler, BC. Tea Tree has so many powerful antibacterial properties to it so it's amazing to have in case you get a cut, sun burn or even a breakout. A drop of tea tree goes a long way!
photo: Quirk Hotel - Richmond, VA